A May Life Update & My Favorite Things
Things that have brought me joy in may
As another school year comes to an end and we rev up for summer, I can’t help but feel a sense of nostalgia at how big my kids are getting.
This fall all FOUR will be in full-time school. It feels crazy to be at this huge life milestone!
Last week we celebrated our oldest saying farewell to elementary school and hello to MIDDLE SCHOOL.
With heavy bags under my eyes from returning from Arizona at 3:30 AM that day, we attended her school’s 5th-grade celebration.
Bryn read a beautiful “I am from” poem that she wrote, and was awarded the Tri Kappa Certificate of Excellence in Music for the entire 5th grade.
We are so proud of our best girl and know that she will continue to be a great leader and an amazing friend to others at her new school.
In other news, Sloan continues to be the resident stinkpot in family photos.
Next month we will be slowing WAY down as baseball season wraps up for all three boys and we hop on a plane to spend a much anticipated 9 days at our Arizona home away from home.
Tommy and the kids haven’t been out to the house since Christmas so I’m very excited for them to see the many changes that have been made in person.
interested in renting our Arizona home?
I hope you have a great weekend, now let’s get to the good stuff!
THIS MONTH on the Blog –
It was a great month on the blog. I shared the ARIZONA EXTERIOR MAKEOVER PLANS and then revealed the ARIZONA EXTERIOR TRANSFORMATION.
Then there was a real-life playroom update, an Arizona front porch photo shoot, and the pantry that I turned into a coffee bar.
You can follow along with my video content on INSTAGRAM & TIKTOK.
let’s take a peek aT THIS MONTH’S favorite things!
this month’s favorite things are all about Arizona
The shower filter
I’m all about adding extra special features to our vacation rental. We have very hard water and no softener, so this little guy will add vitamins and minerals to the water to help keep our guests hair and skin healthy in the extremely dry weather.
The sun hat
This sun hat has a wide brim and a cute bow in the back. The perfect combination of function and style.
earrings of the month
I picked up these handmade earrings from a small boutique in Phoenix. I have received SO MANY compliments on them. Made of gold metal from an artist in Tucson, AZ
front porch furniture
When I made over the Arizona front porch last week I knew that this patio set wasn’t going anywhere!
Such unique detailing and cushions that will definitely stand the test of time (and renters.)
pool lounger set
This pool lounger set is an amazing deal for all 3 pieces. I purchased 3 sets for around our pool in Arizona.
the cutest scalloped patio umbrella
I couldn’t resist this umbrella with such a cute detail! The white goes so well with the new backyard mural and the best part, no fading!!
shop all favorite things
RECENTLY ON THE BLOG
- A january LIFE UPDATE PLUS FAVORITE THINGSThe start of a new year always brings a lot of mixed feelings for me. I am grateful for a fresh start, yet quietly anxious because the hardest part of […]
- HOW TO purge your house in 6 weeksDoes your home need a quick purge? … Check out my FREE DOWNLOADABLE CHECKLIST to help you simplify and organize your home in just 6 weeks.
- the ultimate stocking stuffer guide for the whole familyI don’t know about you, but stocking stuffers always end up being the last thing on my Christmas gift checklist. As I wrack my brain over the little things to […]
- the Ultimate Guide to the Perfect Painted Concrete PorchI’m taking you through all of the correct steps that I took to get our side concrete porch prepped and painted and beautiful THE FIRST TIME!
- The ultimate 2022 haute holiday wish listThis is our 2022 Holiday Wish List. 100+ gift ideas for adults, kids & families, compiled in partnership with, you guessed it, MY FAMILY!! I don’t like to share random […]
- our 2022 holiday hot cocoa barOur favorite holiday (and winter) tradition has officially commenced! It’s our holiday hot cocoa bar and it has been a family and fan favorite for the past 4 years. This […]