Things that have brought me joy in may
As another school year comes to an end and we rev up for summer, I can’t help but feel a sense of nostalgia at how big my kids are getting.
This fall all FOUR will be in full-time school. It feels crazy to be at this huge life milestone!
Last week we celebrated our oldest saying farewell to elementary school and hello to MIDDLE SCHOOL.
With heavy bags under my eyes from returning from Arizona at 3:30 AM that day, we attended her school’s 5th-grade celebration.
Bryn read a beautiful “I am from” poem that she wrote, and was awarded the Tri Kappa Certificate of Excellence in Music for the entire 5th grade.
We are so proud of our best girl and know that she will continue to be a great leader and an amazing friend to others at her new school.
In other news, Sloan continues to be the resident stinkpot in family photos.
Next month we will be slowing WAY down as baseball season wraps up for all three boys and we hop on a plane to spend a much anticipated 9 days at our Arizona home away from home.
Tommy and the kids haven’t been out to the house since Christmas so I’m very excited for them to see the many changes that have been made in person.
interested in renting our Arizona home?
I hope you have a great weekend, now let’s get to the good stuff!
THIS MONTH on the Blog –
let’s take a peek aT THIS MONTH’S favorite things!
this month’s favorite things are all about Arizona
The shower filter
I’m all about adding extra special features to our vacation rental. We have very hard water and no softener, so this little guy will add vitamins and minerals to the water to help keep our guests hair and skin healthy in the extremely dry weather.
The sun hat
This sun hat has a wide brim and a cute bow in the back. The perfect combination of function and style.
earrings of the month
I picked up these handmade earrings from a small boutique in Phoenix. I have received SO MANY compliments on them. Made of gold metal from an artist in Tucson, AZ
front porch furniture
When I made over the Arizona front porch last week I knew that this patio set wasn’t going anywhere!
Such unique detailing and cushions that will definitely stand the test of time (and renters.)
pool lounger set
This pool lounger set is an amazing deal for all 3 pieces. I purchased 3 sets for around our pool in Arizona.
the cutest scalloped patio umbrella
I couldn’t resist this umbrella with such a cute detail! The white goes so well with the new backyard mural and the best part, no fading!!
shop all favorite things
RECENTLY ON THE BLOG
- A June Life Update and My Favorite ThingsI HAVE BUTTERFLIES IN MY STOMACH AS I TYPE THIS… We have HUGE life news that we have been processing through the past few weeks. News that goes against comfort […]
- What to Know Before Buying a Short Term Rental PropertyOver the past 9 months, Tommy and I have received so many questions about what it’s like to buy, own and manage a short-term rental property across the country. Today we are answering ALL of the questions, talking about specific purchase numbers, and chatting about all of the little things that have come up since we purchased our Scottsdale home last fall.
- Best Packing Tips for Large Family TravelLarge family travel isn’t for the faint at heart. Read my simple tips and tricks for making packing easier for our family of 6.
- 17 Pairs of Statement Earrings I’m Loving Right NowThis year for my birthday I decided to treat myself to a few new pairs of statement earrings. So I’m sharing the two pairs that I snagged recently plus a ton more that I’m obsessing over right now!
- A May Life Update & My Favorite ThingsI’m sharing all about what brought me joy in May, what happened on the blog, and a few of my favorite things!
- Wait Until You See Our Arizona Exterior TransformationThe latest updates to our Arizona rental include new exterior paint, a hand-painted mural, and TONS of new pool furniture.