This month I finally started to find my groove again with design, content creation, and all the things. Ironically, February also brought my kids a record number of school cancellations turned e-learning days, and an equal number of 2-hour delays. My YEAR OF LESS mentality wants me to be calm and cool about it. But in full transparency, I just want to rip my hair out.
So with work hours being unpredictable in the height of my husband’s busy time (he owns an insanely busy tax practice), I’m looking forward more than ever to my little mom-cation next week. That’s right, friends, I’m going to ARIZONA!!
Things that have brought me joy in February
With this roller coaster of schedule changes messing with my feeling of productivity, I’ve decided to write down everything that I have accomplished this month. Seeing the overall picture will help wrap my brain around the fact that despite the added chaos, I still had some amazing WINS. And I should be proud!
If this is something that you struggle with too, I highly recommend making a list.
The Grand Opening of House & Studio –
My local friends were introduced to a new & exciting pivot in 5 for Fridays this month! I teamed up with my good friend Erin over at Erin Nicole Studio and together we opened a booth at our local antique mall! This is a way for BOTH of us to not only purge and sell unused items in our homes but also to have a creative outlet for our craft/artwork. Erin is selling original art prints in our booth and I’ve been crafting small woodworking projects and propagating plant babies sharing some much-needed life after a cold/snowy winter.
If you are local to Terre Haute or the surrounding areas make sure to head over to booth #15 at Glendy’s Uptown Mall to check out our custom pieces and fun finds.
February on the Blog –
Organizing was a huge theme this month as I broke down How To Have The Right Mindset for Organizing (23 ideas) and 27 Amazing Tips for Having an Organized Life. The perfect guide for those who want to get organized, but don’t know where to start!
I also shared a super simple building project that you can make with scrap wood. Check out my tutorial for How to build a DIY Storage Caddy in 5 Simple Steps. These storage caddies are available for purchase at House & Studio (booth #15) at Glendy’s Uptown Mall
Step Bet App –
One of the things I’ve been trying to implement this year is getting in 4-5 workouts a week instead of the 2-3 that I was doing previously. This past month I was also introduced to a step challenge app called STEP BET.
Essentially, you put money in to play (this particular challenge was a $20 entry). Then competitors have to complete their step goals for 6/7 days of the week in order to stay in. Whoever makes it to the end gets to split the pot! I’m halfway through my first challenge and it has been really fun motivation to get up and moving.
If I host a challenge next month would you be interested in joining?
Other notable accomplishments –
- propagated my temperamental Fiddle Leaf Fig
- appeared as a guest for a spotlight interview with an IG friend.
- cleaning my workshop floor + shot ad content for a brand
- attended a weekly bible study
- built two kids craft tables.
- hired a brand strategist
- celebrated with my daughter who had her BEST gymnastics meet ever!
- all while single keeping up with household chores and single parenting
Looking back, this month was good. Amazing! PRODUCTIVE!!
Now it’s YOUR TURN to brag! Tell me a few things on your list in the comment section of this post. I want to celebrate your wins too!
at the end of each month i’m going to be sharing some of the things i’m loving right now.
let’s take a peek aT THIS MONTH’S best sellers!
Best Sellers in February 2022
Peachy Botanical Shirt
With spring around the corner, this oh-so-cute PEACHY tee will be making regular appearances. Printed on super soft cotton and comes in several color options.
Hunter Rain Boots
My most loved rain boots made an appearance in reels this week and you guys went nuts over them! The green color happens to be 47% off right now in certain sizes, so snag them while they are a steal!
Babe Lash Serum + Conditioner
If you have been around for a while you know my obsession with BABE LASH essential serum + enhancing conditioner for the natural growth of my lashes.
I have a highlight bubble over on INSTAGRAM talking about how I use them
Use code Haute20 for an additional 20% off
Enough Plants Shirt
I took the kids shopping for spring clothes last weekend and couldn’t resist snagging this cure t-shirt for myself!
Calling all plant ladies, you need this!
RYOBI Cordless Telescoping Power Scrubber Kit
This month I partnered with RYOBI to share their 18V Cordless Power Scrubber. All I can say is WOW!! This water-resistant tool will help you knock out all of those hard-to-reach areas on your spring cleaning checklist.
You can see all of the features I love about it HERE
The Home Edit 8 Piece Plastic Storage System
Making the bestseller list two months in a row is this WALMART EXCLUSIVE storage system from The Home Edit. Organize all the things from pantry staples to crafts to DIY supplies. Stackable and comes with 5-8 pieces, each set runs for under $25!
Wooden Crayon Holder Box
Earlier this month I shared a tutorial for my version of a DIY Storage Caddy, but if you aren’t the building type you can snag one by clicking the link below.
shop all best sellers
RECENTLY ON THE BLOG
- the Ultimate Guide to the Perfect Painted Concrete PorchI’m taking you through all of the correct steps that I took to get our side concrete porch prepped and painted and beautiful THE FIRST TIME!
- The ultimate 2022 haute holiday wish listThis is our 2022 Holiday Wish List. 100+ gift ideas for adults, kids & families, compiled in partnership with, you guessed it, MY FAMILY!! I don’t like to share random […]
- our 2022 holiday hot cocoa barOur favorite holiday (and winter) tradition has officially commenced! It’s our holiday hot cocoa bar and it has been a family and fan favorite for the past 4 years. This […]
- 2022 Haute Holiday HAULAs we approach our first holiday season in our new home Im finding myself being pulled in multiple directions with 1000 ideas. It’s overwhelming to start a home over from […]
- our beautiful living room makeover with rigid core flooringWhat made the biggest difference in our living room makeover? Our choice to use Dura Decor rigid core luxury vinyl plank flooring! Read on for all of the details about […]
- A SEPTEMBER LIFE UPDATE PLUS FAVORITE THINGSWe have officially been Arizona residents for 8 weeks! It’s crazy to look back on how much has changed since we decided to give up our dream home for our […]