INCLUDING MY FAVORITE RETAILERS FOR BUDGET FRIENDLY CHANDELIERS. PLUS, HOW TO FIND THE RIGHT SIZE CHANDELIER FOR YOUR ROOM, AND THE CHANDELIER I CHOSE FOR THE HEARTH ROOM REFRESH.
Last week I accidently cleared out the hearth room in my home and its time to slowly pull it back together.
What originally started as letting go of a few things to bring to my antique booth shifted gears pretty quickly into removing everything in the entire room that I wasn’t loving anymore. Including the rug, chandelier and a lot of the large decor items.
This week I caulked the paneled wall that had settled with the house over time, repainted the walls in the room and started sourcing large must have pieces like lighting and a new rug.
While I’m not in a huge hurry to put this space back together (I believe that good design happens over time) but I definitely want to get the chandelier narrowed down since its such a practical (and necessary) piece of the room.
How to find the right size chandelier
Choosing the right size chandelier may seem daunting but it doesn’t have to be!
Try this simple formula: Length of room + Width of room = diameter of chandelier in inches.
For example, my hearth room is 14’x16.’ 14=16= 30. I should look for a chandelier that’s at least 30″ in diameter to properly fill the room.
I enjoy an oversized chandelier so I’ll likely look for something a tad wider.
Ceiling height is also a factor in size. As a general rule of thumb, look for a fixture that has 3″ for every foot of room height.
So for a 9′ ceiling look for something that is 27″ in height. 10″ ceiling, 30″ etc.
Related: THE ULTIMATE MASTER BEDROOM REVEAL
Favorite retailers for budget friendly chandeliers
This post contains affiliate links. Thank you for supporting Haute House Love!
The following retailers are my favorite places to source budget friendly chandeliers.
11 BUDGET FRIENDLY CHANDELIERS for my hearth room
These chandeliers came in as my top picks for the hearth room refresh. Which one is your favorite??
HEARTH ROOM MOOD BOARD
In the end I chose a super budget friendly chandelier that flowed the best with our kitchen and adjacent Formal Living Room. I can’t wait to get it and see how it transforms this space!!Im so excited to get this room pulled back together! Stay tuned for more updates!
RECENTLY ON THE BLOG
- DIY Stair makeover ideas: Revealed!From the riser to the treads to the nosing, these DIY stair makeover ideas give you a complete overview of how to plan for a staircase remodel. I’ve been avoiding … Read more
- August Best Sellers + What I boughtIf you’ve followed me for a while now, you know how much I try to stay on top of allllll the things for my family of six. Have you ever … Read more
- Our Arizona Moving Story – One year HOUSE TOURIt has been one year since we moved into our new home. One year since we dug up our deep DEEP roots, moved across the country and traded our dream … Read more
- Four unique ways to USE MATTE BLACK HARDWAREFrom matte black door handles to matte black house numbers, updating hardware around my home was a breeze thanks to Stone Harbor Hardware. When we first moved into our Phoenix … Read more
- July Best Sellers + What I boughtIf you’ve followed me for a while now, you know how much I try to stay on top of allllll the things for my family of six. A big part … Read more
- Amazon Prime Day 2023 – favorite thingsThey're here! My Amazon Prime Day 2023 product selections. I've carefully put together this guide of my top picks from Prime Day.