A january LIFE UPDATE PLUS FAVORITE THINGS
The start of a new year always brings a lot of mixed feelings for me. I am grateful for a fresh start, yet quietly anxious because the hardest part of our entire year hits like wildfire.
If you are new around here, my husband is a Federally Licensed Enrolled Agent with the IRS, which means TAX SEASON is his craziest time of year. 16 hour work days for him means I become the solo parent for the first 3.5 months of the year.
He still owns and operates his primary office in Indiana (even though we moved to Phoenix last year) so this year has been met with a new set of adjustments as we live apart from January-Mid April.
Naturally, I do my best fill the void with organization projects and keeping the kids busy so the hit doesn’t feel so hard. And every year Im smacked in the face with unexpected twists and turns that force me to lower my expectations — like TWO urgent care visits within a week,
You would think I would learn after all of these years to slow down but here I am still standing as I do my best to run a business, put out fires and raise good humans.
January Highlights Included: lots of family hikes, one with strep throat, an induction into the National Elementary Honors Society, baseball clinic, a sprained wrist, the start of soccer season and one quick weekend visit from daddy.
CHEERS TO CHAOS!
The HAUTE HACIENDa is BOOKING UP QUICKLY FOR spring!
With the most beautiful time of the year on the horizon in Arizona, our vacation rental is quickly booking up! We currently have only have one weekend open per month in February-May plus a small range of week days
If you are thinking about traveling to the Phoenix area this spring or early summer make sure to book ASAP as the dates are booking fast!.
interested in renting our Arizona vacation home?
I hope you are having a great start to 2023, now let’s get to the good stuff!
january on the Blog –
January tends to be a slower month for me on the blog, as I’m usually getting a lot of backend stuff in place for a brand new year. The new year always brings a LOT of organizing projects and and month was no exception. Feel overwhelmed by where to start? Read more about HOW TO PURGE YOUR HOUSE IN 6 WEEKS.
This month we organized my OFFICE BOOKSHELVES, THE PANTRY and all of the kids SPORTS EQUIPMENT.
You can follow along with my video content on INSTAGRAM & TIKTOK.
let’s take a peek aT THIS MONTH’S favorite things!
shop all JANUARY favorite things
RECENTLY ON THE BLOG
- A january LIFE UPDATE PLUS FAVORITE THINGSThe start of a new year always brings a lot of mixed feelings for me. I am grateful for a fresh start, yet quietly anxious because the hardest part of […]
- HOW TO purge your house in 6 weeksDoes your home need a quick purge? … Check out my FREE DOWNLOADABLE CHECKLIST to help you simplify and organize your home in just 6 weeks.
- the ultimate stocking stuffer guide for the whole familyI don’t know about you, but stocking stuffers always end up being the last thing on my Christmas gift checklist. As I wrack my brain over the little things to […]
- the Ultimate Guide to the Perfect Painted Concrete PorchI’m taking you through all of the correct steps that I took to get our side concrete porch prepped and painted and beautiful THE FIRST TIME!
- The ultimate 2022 haute holiday wish listThis is our 2022 Holiday Wish List. 100+ gift ideas for adults, kids & families, compiled in partnership with, you guessed it, MY FAMILY!! I don’t like to share random […]
- our 2022 holiday hot cocoa barOur favorite holiday (and winter) tradition has officially commenced! It’s our holiday hot cocoa bar and it has been a family and fan favorite for the past 4 years. This […]