January 2022 has been extremely eye-opening for me. It’s been a month of breaking down old barriers and building new habits. It’s been a month of freeing myself of physical things that no longer bring me joy. But also psychological things that have long overwhelmed my brain.
Over the past few weeks, I’ve intentionally slowed down my “never sit down” spirit. I’ve taken time to relax. To read. To listen. To take more photos of my kids than my house. It has been weird. But also, good.
As the newness of 2022 is coming to a close I find myself reflecting on my pace and actions of this past month. I have to admit I’m pretty darn proud of myself.
Earlier this month I shared a few intentional changes I was planning on making this year in an attempt to calm the constant chaos in my life and to allow for more joy.
I took time to re-evaluate a new sense of attainability. Slower-paced projects. Less self-induced work pressure. Better sleep habits. And most importantly, more intentional time with my family.
There have definitely been days that I’ve felt guilty for not being as productive as I’m used to. But then I think about how clear my head feels and the point suddenly seems moot.
We are one month in and though it’s been a learning curve to shift my mindset these past few weeks, I’m grateful for the journey I have chosen, and the new habits I’m creating because of it.
If you have also embraced this year as THE YEAR OF LESS, I’d love to hear about your experience this month in the comment section of this post.
at the end of each month i’m going to be sharing some of the things i’m loving right now.
let’s take a peek aT the january best sellers!
Best Sellers in January 2022
The Home Edit Multipurpose Storage System
Love this new line from the Home Edit for organizing all the things in my home – from the pantry, to crafts, to my DIY supplies in the garage. Stackable and comes with 5-8 pieces. Each set is under $25. What a steal!
Wooden Crayon Holder Box
We have owned a wooden box similar to this for about 8-9 years. Perfect for storing kids’ craft supplies!
Nespresso Vertuo Next
It’s no secret that my newest obsession is the Nespresso Coffee Maker that my husband surprised me with for Christmas. Love my upgraded morning (and afternoon) lattes!
INK+ALLOY Muted Chevron Beaded Earrings
You guys have gone nuts over my favorite new pair of beaded earrings that remind me of Arizona.
Reinforced Concrete Outdoor Fire Pit Table
The latest addition to the backyard at the Haute Hacienda is this concrete fire table. You can read all about our backyard amenities and our first 4 months of vacation property ownership HERE.
RECENTLY ON THE BLOG
- A June Life Update and My Favorite ThingsI HAVE BUTTERFLIES IN MY STOMACH AS I TYPE THIS… We have HUGE life news that we have been processing through the past few weeks. News that goes against comfort […]
- What to Know Before Buying a Short Term Rental PropertyOver the past 9 months, Tommy and I have received so many questions about what it’s like to buy, own and manage a short-term rental property across the country. Today we are answering ALL of the questions, talking about specific purchase numbers, and chatting about all of the little things that have come up since we purchased our Scottsdale home last fall.
- Best Packing Tips for Large Family TravelLarge family travel isn’t for the faint at heart. Read my simple tips and tricks for making packing easier for our family of 6.
- 17 Pairs of Statement Earrings I’m Loving Right NowThis year for my birthday I decided to treat myself to a few new pairs of statement earrings. So I’m sharing the two pairs that I snagged recently plus a ton more that I’m obsessing over right now!
- A May Life Update & My Favorite ThingsI’m sharing all about what brought me joy in May, what happened on the blog, and a few of my favorite things!
- Wait Until You See Our Arizona Exterior TransformationThe latest updates to our Arizona rental include new exterior paint, a hand-painted mural, and TONS of new pool furniture.